Job Description - Line Cook (Full-Time & Part-Time)
We’re looking for a new team member to join us in our Brew Pub! Click below to find out more!
Line Cook (Full-Time & Part-Time)
Reporting to the Head Chef, Line Cooks are responsible for the preparation of high-quality
food in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner. Line Cooks must be prepared to
work in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment, while maintaining the organizational
ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and effectively. Line Cooks must be prepared to
work as a team member in a dynamic workplace, follow all safety procedures, and have a
high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
• A line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or
stations or other areas of the kitchen.
• Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
• Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
• Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the
• Work at efficient and consistent pace.
• Ensure timely preparation of all meals.
• Ensure that the correct quantities are prepared to meet daily needs.
• Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
• Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
• Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in
• Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and
all storage areas.
• Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef,
Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager at any time.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Professional diploma or food services management preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of cooking experience required.
• Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and
principles of safe food handling required.
• Attention to detail in all areas of work.
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
• Effective communication skills.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Ability to lift up to 50lb.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends.
• This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
• Manual dexterity required to use knives and kitchen appliances.
• High stress, fast paced environment.
• Overtime as required.
Publican House is committed to celebrating diversity and to creating a workplace culture that
embraces individuality. Diversity at Publican House means a workplace where individual
differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully
develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
At Publican House, we are also committed to creating a workplace free of barriers that is
accessible to all. Where requested, and in consultation with the applicant regarding his/her
individual accessibility needs, all reasonable accommodations will be made available to
persons with disabilities to support full participation in our recruitment processes.
Please send resumes to email@example.com. Please note the position you are
applying for in the subject of the email. Publican House Brewery is proud to be an equal
opportunity organization and takes pride in our recruitment and hiring standards.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for
interviews will be contacted.