Job Description - Brew Pub Server
We’re looking for a new team member to join us for Patio Season! Click below to find out more!
Server (Hiring for full-time & part-time positions)
Reporting to the Front of House Manager, Servers are responsible for providing consistently
high-levels of customer service to all Brew Pub customers. Servers will provide prompt
service, take accurate orders, and maintain a strong working knowledge of all menu items
and daily specials. Servers will perform these customer service duties in a friendly and
professional manner at all times, and ensure that the customers have an enjoyable dining
experience. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the proper setting of tables,
removing used dishes and place settings, assisting with cleaning duties, and comply with all
Brew Pub policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Take food and beverage orders from customers and enter accurately into Point of Sale system.
• Maintain familiarity with the composition of all menu items, including items available at the bar.
• Serve food and beverages in accordance with company standards, but above all in a professional, courteous manner.
• Clean designated areas, in accordance with company procedures, including opening and closing routines and following hygiene requirements.
• Set tables to company policy, ensuring that all items used are clean, undamaged and in a good state of repair.
• Ensure storerooms are adequately stocked with replacement cutlery, linen or other established needs, be they food or equipment.
• Clean tables and ensure they are cleaned as soon as it is apparent that customers have finished their food or drink with an acceptable balance between speed, yet allowing customers to finish their meal without feeling rushed.
• Ensure that customers are correctly charged, present the bill and take payment from the customer, in accordance with the procedures of the establishment.
• At all times to be aware of and practice good customer service, assisting the guest in any way which does not adversely affect other customers.
• Attend to customer complaints satisfactorily.
• Be continually aware of and maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress.
• Attend meetings and training courses as required.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Strong customer service experience.
• 2 years of restaurant service experience.
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a
diverse working environment.
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all
• Professional appearance and manners.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Manual dexterity required to use point of sale system.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends.
• Overtime as required.
• Lifting or moving up to 20lbs may be required.
• High stress, fast paced environment .
Publican House is committed to celebrating diversity and to creating a workplace culture that
embraces individuality. Diversity at Publican House means a workplace where individual
differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully
develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
At Publican House, we are also committed to creating a workplace free of barriers that is
accessible to all. Where requested, and in consultation with the applicant regarding his/her
individual accessibility needs, all reasonable accommodations will be made available to
persons with disabilities to support full participation in our recruitment processes.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the position you are
applying for in the subject of the email. Publican House is proud to be an equal opportunity
organization and takes pride in our recruitment and hiring standards.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for
interviews will be contacted.